Subject: [RECL]Ambitions

From: Sue Roessel Dura
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 07:37:19 -0500

Thanks, Helen, for you story. I bet many of us have been there. I took =
up
teaching kids with no teacher training but lots of recorder playing. I =
got lots
of help from my friends at ARTA, but the first semester I assumed they'd =
get
through the whole book "Recorder Time". And the first lesson I "taught" =
them
BAG on the recorder, the music staff, BAG on it, blowing, breathing and
articulation. Needless to say, we had to go over it all again! =
Fortunately, I
never felt like I could take up brain surgery ;-)

I still bring more work to each lesson than they can do, but that's just =
in case
they get on a roll.=20

Best, Sue