Subject: [RECL]Pitch Notation - letters versus solfege

From: Desirae Triplett
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 09:53:29 -0500

I am a first year music teacher and I wanted to ask for suggestions on teac=
hing pitch notation. I started my Kodaly training and like the idea of tea=
ching the solfeggio to my classes=2C however I will soon be teaching record=
ers and I feel that letters are better for instruments=2C especially since =
that is what they will learn in band. =20

I have been working with rhythmic notation thus far since the students had =
very little background or skills in reading and performing rhythms. Our cu=
rriculum leaves it open to the teacher to choose a system of notation to te=
ach. I would love to have them be familiar with both=2C but I think that w=
ould be confusing to them. =20

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. =20
Thank you.

Get more done=2C have more fun=2C and stay more connected with Windows Mobi=
le=AE.=20
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/119642556/direct/01/=

^ Back To Top