Subject: RE: [RECL]Pitch Notation - letters versus solfege

From: Audrey Amsler
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 12:05:01 +0000

Whatever you choose=2C make it your system! After my few years of teaching=
=2C I find that they will follow whatever you give them. I do solfege with=
my kids=2C as well as the rhythmic and written notation. They understand =
that each of these systems are slightly different and help us in different =
ways but it is important to know them all. When I first started at my curr=
ent school they did not read any music (only the letters minus a staff!) I =
started slowly and set my goals for each grade level and have finally worke=
d them all up to the levels I want them to be at for each grade. I use Mr.=
Everybody's Musical Apartment for written notation and they eat it up=2C a=
s silly as it seems! By the time my kids hit 3rd grade=2C the letters of t=
he staff are so ingrained=2C they don't even blink when we transfer it to r=
ecorders.Long story short- you can do it all=2C just pace yourself :)
=20
Audrey in IN
http://windowslive.com/Explore/hotmail?ocid=3DTXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_spee=
d_122008=