Subject: Re: [RECL]Pitch Notation - letters versus solfege

From: tusing4us at aol.com
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 01:00:17 -0500

I love teaching solfeggio and pitch notation together. =C2=A0I have been a s=
tudent of EducationThru Music where we learn fun activities using solfege.=20=
=C2=A0Teaching both together is never an issue to me. =C2=A0Windsong recorde=
r book series teaches solfege and reading notes on the staff for recorders.=20=
=C2=A0It works as one. =C2=A0Joe Berraducci is the author. =C2=A0He has been=
my Orff Levels 2 for two years. =C2=A0I repeat alot. =C2=A0When I teach I u=
se both interchangeably. =C2=A0I use the solfege hand signs ala Kodaly and t=
each my recorder fingering mixed together. =C2=A0If a kid has a problem then=
I use the Orff method of stamp, patch, clap, and snap for my kinesthetic le=
arners. =C2=A0They get the entire ball of wax all the time. =C2=A0This is wh=
at music in my classes is like --- a smatter of this and that. =C2=A0Go for=20=
it.=C2=A0

Ellie=C2=A0