Subject: Re: [RECL]Pitch Notation - letters versus solfege

From: Sue Roessel Dura
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 07:27:57 -0600

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 01:00:17 -0500, you wrote:

>I love teaching solfeggio and pitch notation together. =A0I have been a =
student of EducationThru Music where we learn fun activities using =
solfege. =A0Teaching both together is never an issue to me. =A0Windsong =
recorder book series teaches solfege and reading notes on the staff for =
recorders. =A0It works as one. =A0Joe Berraducci is the author. =A0He has=
been my Orff Levels 2 for two years. =A0I repeat alot. =A0When I teach I=
use both interchangeably. =A0I use the solfege hand signs ala Kodaly and=
teach my recorder fingering mixed together. =A0If a kid has a problem =
then I use the Orff method of stamp, patch, clap, and snap for my =
kinesthetic learners. =A0They get the entire ball of wax all the time. =
=A0This is what music in my classes is like --- a smatter of this and =
that. =A0Go for it.=A0

Ellie=A0

So when a tune is in C, then C is do; in G the G is do etc. and this =
doesn't
confuse the kids?

Best, Sue

^ Back To Top