Subject: Re: [RECL]Pitch Notation - letters versus solfege

From: tusing4us at aol.com
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 20:18:51 -0500

I use a moveable do and use the mark to show do on a staff. =C2=A0Actually w=
e don't get esoteric about this. No one ever asks. =C2=A0We're focused on pl=
aying the recorder. =C2=A0I also don't do this with every song. =C2=A0In the=
beginning I will but then it gets abandoned as we focus on other more eleme=
nts. I use the songs in Windsong because this is how my teacher taught me to=
teach them and they are easy for me to do. =C2=A0The kids are interested in=
playing the song correctly and not heavy analysis. =C2=A0The point is how t=
o best get to playing the song correctly on the recorder. =C2=A0Using solfeg=
e is part of my state standards for the grade levels. =C2=A0It is my goal to=
meet those standards.=C2=A0
Ellie

So when a tune is in C, then C is do; in G the G is do etc. and this doesn't
confuse the kids?

Best, Sue

=20

^ Back To Top