Subject: Re: [RECL]Recorder Hike

From: M Stanley
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 20:16:23 -0500

Oh, my! My kids ASK to do Recorder Hike. If you set up the directions
clearly and the consequences for not following them, the activity is pretty
well self-policing.

The moving around actually releases a lot of tension and helps them
concentrate better afterward.

Martha Stanley, NBCT
www.marthabeesmusic.com
The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas first!

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 7:41 PM, Sue Roessel Dura wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I'm new at teaching and not too great with classroom discipline so I was
> hesitant to let my kids get up out of their chairs to try the Recorder Hike
> described in the first issue. Has anyone tried it? How did it work? What
> exactly did you do with it? Do you think it helped get them playing
> correctly?
> Was it easy to get them back for the rest of the lesson?
>
> Thanks!

^ Back To Top