Subject: Re: [RECL]Recorder Hike

From: Barbara Dawkins
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:55:37 -0600

Sue,
I started a program called, Adventure in Music. There is not a charge,
2 recorders are furnished each child, and snacks are served.
There are 15 children that have been coming once a week after school
until 5 p.m. They are kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade children.
They are working on Karate Recorder and are doing very well.
We are members of GFWC and this is my district project....Music for the
Very Young.
There are 7 clubs and hopefully they are all supporting some music in their
respective towns.
Please tell me about the Recorder Hike.
Sounds great.
The two retired elementary teachers are following the 5 discipline rules
listed in Karate Recorder. Get the book, it is terrific and the rules work.
But, as a retired teacher myself, it is a must to follow those rules
every time.
Barbara Dawkins