Subject: RE: [RECL]starting a topic...

From: James Estes
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 11:02:59 -0400

Good idea, Juanita. You might be interested in another book by Artie
Almeida called "Mallet Madness." The concept is that the kids rotate
through a series of pitched and non-pitched instruments during a class. It
might be interesting to mix in recorders, using this concept.

Another thougth (If you have the equipment to do this): If you have
acomputer and Smartboard, scan the music into Smartboard Notebook software.
Then you can project it so the whole class can see it. They can also go to
the board and write the names of notes, counting, etc on the board. Great
strategy for involving the whole class.

James W. Estes, N.B.C.T. 2008
8952 SE Retreat Drive
Hobe Sound, FL 33455