Subject: Re: [RECL]IWB's and recorders

From: M Stanley
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 20:28:12 -0400

I really like the idea of studying the score this way. Thanks for the tips.

I have my own resource packs too, but I've never called them that - I just
dump them in a folder called templates. But now that you've mentioned it, I
think I'll be cleaning that up.
And the cover up the pitch-letters idea is really good.

I hereby announce publicly that I intend to steal those ideas.
But I only steal from the best!!! Thanks, Tammy.

Martha Stanley, NBCT
www.marthabeesmusic.com
The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas first!

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 7:44 PM, Tami Mangusso wrote:

> I'll agree that it's getting confusing with Promethean and all the
> different software versions. I do believe that in due time, Inspire will be
> replacing the Activstudio and Activprimary software. Right now Inspire is
> too new and has a lot of glitches. They will be releasing the first update
> of Inspire on April 1st. I am hoping that it will cut down on the number of
> crashes that I encounter in a day. I do like how Inspire has the ability to
> switch the view from "studio" view to "primary" view with just a few clicks.
> I also like how Inspire will open up flipcharts that are made in the older
> versions. However the older versions cannot open up flipcharts made in
> Inspire and the older version will not accept any resource packs that are
> made in Inspire. Because of this I still use Activstudio to make my
> resource packs. I also am using Activstudio whenever I want to use my
> Activotes. I am not ready to try the Activotes in Inspire.
>
> I have made a bunch of my own resource packs and one of them has recorder
> fingerings and a blank recorder (holes are not colored in). I have the
> students come up and color in the holes using the pencil tool. I make the
> font big enough to fit the holes. Then all the student needs to do is tap
> the hole and it will fill in the hole.
>
> When were first learning a song I usually scan in the music or use the PDF
> file from Recorder Classroom Magazine. The first thing we do before we play
> the song is we look at what is in the music. I will have students come up
> to the board to either highlight or circle things in the music (e.g circle
> the time signature, circle all the B's in the first line of music, highlight
> measure 5, read the rhythm in measure 2, etc.) Then I will turn the page on
> my flipchart (Promethean Board) and the next page has the same music, but it
> now has all the letter names. Then I play the music for them and they just
> finger along (no playing). Then I have them play without the music
> accompaniment. After we play it once, I will have a student come up and
> cover up all the letter B's or whatever letter they want to cover up (once
> again I make the font on the pen tool big enough to cover up the letter with
> just one tap of the pen). Then we play the song again and after
> we're done playing I have another student cover up another letter. We
> continue this process until all the letters are covered up.
>
> Tami Mangusso
> Aurora, Colorado
> --- On Sun, 3/29/09, M Stanley wrote:

^ Back To Top