Subject: RE: [RECL]managing the recorders as they get carried about

From: Barbara Lee
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 21:52:06 -0400

My students leave their recorders at school in my classroom. I have
stackable, plastic baskets for each class. Kids have the option of buying
two recorders (Peripole), one for school and one to leave at home. Leaving
the recorders in the classroom eliminated any inappropriate playing out of
the music room.

When the kids come into the classroom, I have the basket on the counter
right by the door when they enter. Each student gets a recorder out of the
basket - doesn't matter whose it is - and the students sit down. Then the
boys hand their recorder to the owner, and then the girls do the same.
(These recorders are in the blue Peripole case labeled with the name.)
Within a minute or so, everyone has their own recorder, cases go under the
chairs, and we usually move to the floor closer to the front of the
classroom and the SmartBoard. It works pretty smoothly.

Barbara Lee
Thomasville, GA

^ Back To Top