Subject: [RECL]Re: Recorder_Classroom Digest #85 - 06/11/09

From: Lindsay Hutson
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:10:34 -0700

I haven't done recorder karate yet. This was my first year. I used some o=
the songs from recorder karate, but didn't test. But if I were going to
test, I think it would be good to have different tests for those who can't
do recorder karate because they are special ed. Maybe rhythms all on one
note? Maybe test for length they can hold the note, or playing four notes
without squeaking? Maybe have them echo a rhythm that you play first, if
they can't read rhythms. You have to find something that will challenge
them, but be possible for them to attain. I think that you should give the=
a belt each time they pass, but if you don't feel that you can give them th=
same reward, maybe you have to have them earn stickers on a chart toward
some other kind of reward. Or maybe have four stickers equals a belt.
Brain storm some ideas with your special ed teacher. It is great to help
with their self esteem. Music is something that they can be successful at,
especially if other areas are difficult for them.

Lindsay

--=20
Lindsay Hutson

^ Back To Top