Subject: Re: [RECL]how do you teach?

From: Juanita Bellavance
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 07:23:08 -0500

I do it in the Fall. In class I like to have a lot of diverse
experiences. In January I use recorders maybe to play
one song at the beginning of class and then do something
else without recorders for the rest of class. I do that so
they don't lose their recorder skills from total lack of use.

Using only recorder for learning music can get old after
a while if used all year.

Juanita

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 6:58 AM, wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm new to the recorder list and have a question for all. How do you "use"
> recorders in your classroom? As a unit or throughout the year? I may get
> recorder karate this next year, but I have so much recorder music already
> that I may create my own basic type. If you do recorder all year- how much
> classroom time do you spend on this? Do you test once a month or more? For
> example I see my students twice a week for a 1/2 hour each time. What would
> be a good way to interate this in? Ideally I would like to do recorders all
> year, but I want to make sure I have enough time to do stuff with our books
> and prepare for concerts.
> I'm open to all ideas!
> Thanks!
> Kim in SD