Subject: Re: [RECL]how do you teach?

From: Sue Roessel Dura
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 08:35:12 -0500

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 21:17:24 -0500, you wrote:

I think you can make the recorder as interesting as you want. I bring in=
ATB
recorders to play with the kids as soon as they learn their first song. =
I get
them playing duets as soon as possible and will play a tricky 3rd part =
with them
for fun. We have lots of songs they can play along with on CD. I do =
only take
kids who are interested - those who are not stay in the general music =
class.

>Jennifer,
> I agree, I don't want to use only recorder. Variety keeps kids =
interested. But, how much time do you spend on recorders a =
week/class/month? My question was more directed as to how do you do =
recorder all year and do other things? Example: recorder for 1st 10 min.=
then on to other activity.
>I love that you use such a variety, I would like to do all of that with =
my classes as well. How do you balance everything?

Of Jennifer S. [momo3@centurytel.net]
>Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 7:43 PM
>To: Recorder_Classroom
>Subject: Re: [RECL]how do you teach?
>
>At 07:23 AM 6/12/2009, you wrote:
>>Using only recorder for learning music can get old after
>>a while if used all year.
>

>I do recorders all year, but I don't use "only" recorders. We sing,
>we dance, we play xylophones, etc. But I like my kids to keep
>working at the recorders instead of just making it a short unit that =
ends.

>https://www.recorderclassroom.com/recl/list.php

^ Back To Top