Subject: RE: [RECL]managing the recorders as they get carried about

From: Jennifer S.
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 10:16:47 -0500

At 06:38 AM 9/7/2008, you wrote:
>Do any of you offer to purchase recorders for those who can't afford them?

I had never done this because we actually have a very small number of
free and reduced lunch kids, but I think I remember you talking about
it on the MK8 list. So this year, even though I forgot to put it in
the letter that goes home with third graders, I did mention it to
them in class. I said that they could come to me privately and let
me know if even $5 was hard to bring in. I've got bunches of
recorders that "old" kids have left behind, and I always charge
$4.50, so we do have a buffer to give away a few new ones too.

I personally remember about 10 years ago when I was excited to have
$10 because I could buy groceries for my family. I certainly
wouldn't have wanted to spend half of that on a recorder.

Jennifer Schroeder Music/Choir K-12
Fall River, WI Momo3@Centurytel.net

^ Back To Top