Subject: Re: [RECL]how do you teach?

From: Sue Roessel Dura
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 15:29:58 -0500

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 09:28:55 -0500, you wrote:

>BINGO! There are so many options, so many arrangments.....
>But you can have your own recorder class? Wow!

I have loved and studied the recorder for years. When I retired, thought=
would start teaching it to kids. Wow - was that mind boggling ;-) I had=
a lot
of help from ARTA and have come up with a fun program over the past 8 =
years that
seems to keep most kids interested. But I don't mind if the ones who =
aren't
interested drop out. It's most fun with kids who really want to play. I
started with 36 beginners this year and ended with 16 intermediates. I'm=
hoping
some of them will be interested in trying alto next year and I'll start a=
new
group of beginners - if I have enough time ;-) This is all as a =
volunteer.
Best, Sue

>Karen Stafford

Of