Subject: Re: [RECL]how do you teach?

From: Chauna Bischoff
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:24:51 -0600

I teach recorder all year too. I use ribbons for earning songs. The =
students have to earn so many ribbons for a B and so many more for an A. =
They may come in to earn ribbons during their morning recess. 5th graders =
have 2 mornings and 4th graders have 2 mornings, the last morning is to =
help struggling students. They are just the 1/8 inch spools that I cut =
into 8 inch lengths (I wrap them around an index card). They tie them on =
the end of their recorders. They love how they look. The 5th graders =
have the opportunity to learn the Sopranino, Alto, & Tenor recorders. We =
play 3 mornings before school. They can also play them during recorder =
time if they choose. The school owns, 25 Alto, 8 Tenor, and 5 Sopranino =
recorders. They can also purchase their own if they choose. We really =
enjoyed the Recorder Classroom arrangements playing all our recorders! =20
Chauna Bischoff
Lovell, Wyoming

>>> M Stanley 06/12/09 7:27 PM >>>
I agree.
I have belt tests, but I also gave "grade" tests..... to get an A you have
to play this one, for example. I try never to give anything but
B's..... A's for advanced and C's go to kids who don't try, basically.
Martha Stanley, NBCT
www.marthabeesmusic.com
The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas first!