Subject: Re: [RECL]disinfecting recorder mouthpieces

From: Karen Stafford
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 14:41:47 -0500

We use the BIST method of discipline at my school. When a student has
forgotten his/her recorder or music a second time, that student must write
in our behavior ownership notebook: what the "offense" was, and in this
case, ideas to help him/her remember supplies (having a friend call, writing
it in the assignment book, etc.) I even posted it on Facebook (until we were
told we couldn't be friends with students anymore), so I ask a couple of
reliable students to do that. Kids will call each other to remind, too.
Karen Stafford