Subject: Re: [RECL]disinfecting recorder mouthpieces

From: Karen Stafford
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 07:53:27 -0600

For those of you who use the dishwasher, I noticed that several of you only
run them thru once a week instead of daily? There haven't been any problems?
Do you use the disinfectant in between? I'm just so scared of taking that
chance. We came very close to closing our school down because of the flu,
and it's not over with yet. We get a lot of warnings about the normal
disinfectants maybe not doing the whole job. I'm just scared to take that
chance. Could your cooks do it for you on a daily basis?
Karen Stafford
From: tusing4us@aol.com
To: list@recorderclassroom.com
Date: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 4:33 AM

I have used recorders to loan my students. I put mine in my home dishwasher.
I took them to school and told the kids how I cleaned it but if they wanted
they could purchase one for $5 for a Peripole. But seriously with today's
economy, I think I am going to go with Canto which will be even cheaper.
Anyone know a good source for them? We have dollar stores but I need
something less than $5. After reading this thread, I bring those washed in
the dishwasher and now place them in clorox and let them sit in the sun.
Ellie

21:14:00

^ Back To Top