Subject: Re: [RECL]Recorder Rock Star

From: M Stanley
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 15:58:22 -0400

Right now, it looks to be an evaluation tool with some "cool" factor built
in, used by the teacher. I listen to the kid play and click points for
accurate playing as the player toots along. I don't have to add anything up
cuz the certificate will have the right answer all totalled up. I can use
that for grading or competition or .....

I think I could use it to keep score differently as well. Example, if the
kids were doing a fingering exercise, I could click as I listen to keep
score of maybe two skill, say tone quality and accuracy. I could set my own
scores for correct playing.

This could be cool and could work well in many ways. However, I remain
confused whether or not I have to "test" on a given tune from a data base
supplied by Plank Road, or whether I have the option to import my own tunes
for the kids to play, or even if I have the option to use the scoring and
printing options with no music involvement at all from Plank Road. "Here,
kid, play Hot Cross Buns" while I score using my puter keyboard input.

So---- when the answers come down from above -- or over there-- I will be
happy to read them.

--
Martha Stanley, NBCT