Subject: Re: [RECL]disinfecting recorder mouthpieces

From: Kay Humbert
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 16:51:17 -0500

Linda,
I haven't had any problems with my home dishwasher causing our 2-piece
recorders to swell (I use MIE Renaissance recorders). I always place them
upright (take them apart so they'll fit in) on the top shelf.
I think the word you were looking for is 'oxidation.' :) I haven't had a
problem with that. I do put the metal rings in the silverware basket (top
shelf, again) so they don't get lost in the dishwasher.
I am really enjoying everyone's repsonses and ideas on recorders!
THANK YOU!
Kay

--
Mrs. Kay Humbert