Subject: Re: [RECL]Why is covering the holes so hard

From: kstaff1 at charter.net
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 11:42:48 -0800

Today, a couple of my kids said they still had trouble using the corn cushions, and I think it was because they had to press harder, so I switched to the Wikki sticks. I'm anxious to see how it works. If nothing else, that sticky feeling might help. (I had one kid who kept complaining his fingers "slid" off). These are some older kids who are new and have developmental and learning issues anyway.
Sue, don't give up! There IS a solution. It might not be perfect, and some of these kids might not play up to speed, but it's OK to adapt. With some, the sense of accomplishment is worth it. I've been at this current building going on 6 years, and have had blind students, deaf students, Down's students, and other students of various disabilities and issues, and there IS a way:-) There is always a way. It's just not always the obvious way! :-) That's why this list and the K-8 list is so awesome.
Karen Stafford