Subject: Re: [RECL]adaptive recorder?

From: Karen Stafford
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 18:20:39 -0600

If you adapt other songs to be her belt songs, that's a possibility. My belt
songs are a conglomeration of REcorder Karate, Denise Gagne's method, and
songs from Recorder Classroom (and in past years, K-8 songs). There's a
wealth of stuff right that that should work for you. Your idea of making the
rhythms more difficult is good. Why not have her do a theme and variations
on one of the songs or make up a B part for a rondo? Those two ideas are in
Denise's method book, and it's a great way for kids like your youngster to
expand. My third graders are learning C and A, so you could work with those
notes, too.
As she gets older, she might even have the ear to harmonize with the other
kids.
Karen Stafford