Subject: Re: [RECL]adaptive recorder?

From: Paul Jennings
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 18:38:23 -0500

Hi, Sunny...

Aulos makes one for $18.95, but I don't know if it will fit the bill.
You can see it at:

http://www.musick8.com/store/alphadetail.php?product_group=1531

I must ask... which hand does she have? If she can play BAG on any
such recorder, there is much music for her... and much positive
accomplishment to be felt by her.

Another thought... could she participate on a simple keyboard
instrument? With a nice woodwind sound, she could blend in and fully
play all Recorder Karate tunes.

Keep me posted... I love finding creative ways to help challenged
kids. They have enough problems without making music another one.

Last thought... if the Dolmetsch actually works for her, make it a
project on for DonorsChoose. Or reach out to a local philanthropist.
There may even be federal moneys available.

My 2 cents.

Paul

--
Paul Jennings