Subject: Re: [RECL]A-C piece

From: Karen Stafford
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 18:01:07 -0600

Oh, good! I hope you do include more A-C-D pieces in teh future, because
that is a new teaching trend (probably not all that new) that is encouraged
with Orff (at least it seems that way to me). I like it with younger kids
because they can sing so-mi-la in that range, then transfer it to recorder,
plus, the G seemed too difficult for many of my third graders because of
that fine motor issue and finger muscle strength. I'm trying to start third
grades on A-C, then adding D, and they've taken to it well.
What I've done is taken songs from Denise Gagne's Orff Source book (which
includes the solfege) and have my third graders several of the so-mi and
so-mi-la songs.
Karen Stafford