Subject: Re: [RECL]Transposition question

From: Sue Roessel Dura
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 07:23:46 -0500

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 07:47:34 -0400, you wrote:

>Now THAT's a good idea!

It sure is! I think assuming that no one will ever play in a recorder =
consort
is doing them a disservice, perhaps making it a self-fulfilling prophesy.=
Why
are you teaching them the recorder then? If it has absolutely no value =
of its
own and you don't have time to teach a few of its many facets, it would =
probably
be better to use a tonette. There's a whole community of adult recorder =
players
out here who enjoy the instrument immensely and look to these early =
recorder
classes with hope for the future.