Subject: Re: [RECL]Transposition question

From: M Stanley
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:05:27 -0400

I would like to point out that Sue doesn't do this with ALL her kids. She
said she does this with the MOTIVATED ones. I think I missed that the first
time.....

I think that with the MOTIVATED ones, teaching them the transposition is a
right fine idea and worth doing. Those kids will be able - I agree - to
pick it up quickly. And they'll actually practice and actually care. BIG
difference. And I've done it this way when it was appropriate. (like once...
but hey - it worked)

As a whole class teaching situation, the transposition piece remains low on
my list.

Sorry, Sue. I didn't read carefully enough.

--
Martha Stanley, NBCT
www.marthabeesmusic.com

^ Back To Top