Subject: Re: [RECL]Transposition question

From: Ledonna McGowan
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 06:19:18 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Sue,=20

It was really amazing.=A0 About two months into it, most of them just devel=
oped this really nice sound. We had been talking about the difference betwe=
en recorder air (slow/warm/steady) and singing air (faster/stronger) for th=
e whole time and it was like one day they just woke up and decided that the=
y understood it.=20

I try to hear them in small groups at least once every two weeks or so.=A0 =
My really motivated kids are good about helping each others with keeping th=
eir left hands on top. I have some of the black belts that are helping the =
other kids now in class and that is really wonderful.=20

We are using the recorder karate for our main method and the magazine for t=
he rest. I have put off recorder until I found these publications and have =
loved =0Aour recorder program since. It is amazing how much easier they get=
some of the musical concepts now.=A0 It has added so much to their learnin=
g.=20

This is the first year that I have taught recorders to this large of a grou=
p.=A0 I taught a small consort while in college but they were beginning adu=
lts and were into recreating history.=A0=20

Ledonna