Subject: MacServe.net Mail Server Move

From: MacServe Support
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:50:50 -0500

To all valued MacServe.net customers:

We are moving the MacServe.net systems to a new colocation facility and this
coming Tuesday evening, we will be moving the mail server.

Normally, this kind of move would happen on a weekend, but since email never
sleeps, we thought it best to do the move during a time when most people are
most likely to be able to deal with any problems that might arise, i.e. a
weekday.

Although we have taken steps to make sure that the switchover happens
quickly and seamlessly, here are a couple of items to keep in mind if you
should experience trouble:

1. If you are getting a "unable to connect" message, the first thing you
should do is try rebooting your computer. This should clear out any cached
information about the OLD location of the mail server.

2. Review the settings for your email program here:

http://www.macserve.net/support/email/

One thing you will want to make sure is that you have SSL turned OFF for
your email

^ Back To Top