Subject: RE: [RECL]BAG or more?

From: Karen Stafford
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 18:58:01 -0500

I think it depends on the age of your kids. Since I start in third grade, I
stick to BAG and really utilize the wealth of BAG songs there are. The
background CDs really help.
One thought about left hand only: for the majority of kids, their left hand
is their weaker hand. I see it as a good opportunity to strengthen that
particular hand. Since I'm a flute player, by habit, I keep my little finger
on the foot joint holes of the recorder and balance my right hand that way.
My students do the same so they're used to that position by fourth grade.
There are times, when I'm including recorder in other songs we're doing
outside of the recorder unit where I will introduce the E or D for the
students.

Karen Stafford