Subject: Re: [RECL]BAG or more?

From: Juanita Bellavance
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:14:01 -0400

Hi,
As an instrumentalist myself, I agree with the idea that bad
habits are hard to break. Hand position is everything when
it comes to advanced playing on any instrument. It is a
learned skill as much as each of the other skills. It's similar
to the technique of having children say "sh" on a rest. It's
hard to break that habit. A rest is "silent" and the sound of
"sh" is not silent.

When playing the D' if the right hand thumb is in its
proper place there is no problem with balance. It's like
a leverage. When I play BAG I have my right hand automatically
in that position out of habit simply from having played low
E and D before,

It's easier to teach the low E and D before going to the
C' and D' as the fingerings for the lower notes are much
simpler. Then for the D' their hands will be automatically
ready for it.

Btw, I sure would like to find about four songs that use
only BAGE. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Juanita