Subject: Re: [RECL]BAG or more?

From: Jennifer S.
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 18:02:47 -0500

At 02:25 PM 9/15/2008, you wrote:
>Should I ask the third graders to use two thumbs?

I always have them put the lower thumb in the correct spot on the
back. When they test BAG songs for me in the Recorder Karate packet,
there are 2 ways I *will not* give them a bead besides not being able
to play the song.

1) Not having their own recorder. One cannot test on a borrowed
recorder. (All of my students eventually pay for their own, or we
give them a donated recorder.)

2) Incorrect hand position. This means the right hand must have the
thumb in the proper place, no upside-down right hand (this is the
weirdest one for me, why is that comfortable?), no weird grip with
the right hand, no right hand hanging at their side, etc.

Jennifer Schroeder Music/Choir K-12
Fall River, WI Momo3@Centurytel.net

^ Back To Top