Subject: Re: [RECL]Virtual Consort feedback

From: Sue Roessel Dura
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 17:08:51 -0500

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 08:14:03 -0500, you wrote:

>I also love the Gerbil Gavotte. I think the level is right on track. =
Currently I play the alto part. Most of my students are still on the =
Soprano part, but I have several who are dying to learn to play the Alto =
and my 1 Tenor. My problem isn't the music - which is wonderful. I was =
able to pick up 6 Altos 2 years ago in a sale ($17.00 for 3 piece =
Yamaha's) but have no budget for anything else. The one tenor is my own.=
I only get $150 total for 18 sections of general music, percussion =
ensemble, chorus, mallet club, and recorder club. Needless to say, I =
survive on K8 and now this! How do the rest of you find the finances to =
get tenors and basses? =20

Hi Melissa,

I've hooked up with the local Optimist Club and our American Recorder =
Society
chapter and they have been very generous in supporting my program (well I=
am a
member of both too). The parents pay for the recorders and music and I =
get them
to pay the same amount if their kids stay on soprano or more if they move=
alto or tenor. That adds money to the pot for the larger instruments and=
we now
have 2 tenors and a bass for the program. Anyway, check with your local =
clubs
that support youth programs: American Recorder Society, Optimist, =
Kiwanis,
Civitan and maybe more.=20

Hope this helps!
Sue