Subject: [RECL]Beginner woes

From: Sue Roessel Dura
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:59:46 -0500

Hi Folks,

I'm starting a bunch of 4th grade beginners and after 4 lessons all of =
them can
play Hot Cross Buns, most of them can play Merrily. But one student =
can't play
a B by herself yet. I've had students before who have trouble covering =
the
holes, but this one seems totally unable. I've placed my fingers over =
hers so
she can feel how the holes should be under her fingers and she can then =
play a
B, but as soon as I let go, she looses it.

Since we are all volunteers at this endeavor, should I encourage her to =
quit?
The noises she makes make it hard for the others to hear if they are =
together
and in tune. I told the parents and kids that 10 minutes practice a day =
is a
requirement and she admitted she doesn't practice.

Best, Sue

^ Back To Top