Subject: Re: [RECL]Beginner woes

From: Elissa Reichstein-Saperstein
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:06:59 -0700 (PDT)

Doesn't practice or CAN"T practice....or practices but is afraid to admit it (or embarrassed) anyway.....you can try to add Wiki stix to the holes (thumb and B) and you can also make a mute for her recorder to soften the sound a bit.

Or...I guess you could speak to her folks about asking her to "quit" for awhile until she gets better...or, You can ask her to volunteer to be the "manager" or the "Techie" or the group officer, etc. she can turn the music on and off, she can do attendance stuff or work on creating a program (using a computer) during rehearsal, she can also work on posters or "cover art" for the group, etc.

Hope some of these ideas help you out, I don't think you feel comfy asking her to quit, or you probably wouldn't have asked us....so maybe some of these ideas will help ALL of you.

elissa57