Recorder Classroom: Focus On Folk Songs
A Special Edition Issue of Recorder Classroom
This special focus issue contains all new material (as usual), structured like every other issue, but centered on one theme: folk songs.
You'll find everything you have come to expect from Recorder Classroom, including our great team of writers working with all types of folk music.
Plenty of Folk Songs... Recorder Classroom-style
- Rhapsody On A Civil War Ballad - Paul Jennings opens the issue with this rich orchestral setting, with an evocative opening and ending that sets "Aura Lee" in historical perspective
- The Skye Boat Song - with rich strings arranged by Paul Jennings
- Lightly Row - in an infectious rock setting by John Riggio
- Shoo Fly - as only John Riggio can do it, with different tempo options to help young players
- Arkansas Traveler - fun from Julie Gaulke with versions that get faster with each verse... or don't if you like
- A Ram Sam Sam - a unique Virtual Consort arrangement that can work with just sopranos, or any other recorder voice you have
- Polly Wolly Doodle - Karl Hitzemann's folk rock with strings arrangement features two different levels of difficulty for recorders
- Blow The Man Down - a bit of humor on the high seas from Julie Gaulke
- Tom Dooley - mosey over to Karl Hitzemann's western-style setting that can be played with GAB or DEGAB
- Hop Old Toad - Zippy Toad has borrowed "Hop Old Squirrel" for a rondo-like setting that lets your young players practice rhythms and rests with their favorite toad
As with our previous issues, you can access the wide array of special downloadable resources online on RecorderClassroom.com
Adding to your cart will take you to MusicK8.com for checkout.