Symphonic Christmas For Recorders, A
For Players Young and Old
Paul Jennings has created some unique settings to feature recorders in your holiday concerts. These arrangements have been very popular for a number of reasons:
- Full orchestral accompaniments, with rich and subtle orchestrations and truly engaging arrangements that will capture the attention of both your players and your audiences.
- Most settings have multiple recorder parts, usually two soprano recorder parts, and an optional alto recorder part.
- One of the soprano parts is very easy, featuring simple rhythms and just a few of the beginning notes.
- The arrangements are orchestrated so that they can be successfully performed with any or all of the parts, including just the easiest part by itself.
This very special collection includes:
- Good King Wenceslas - Bold and brassy, with lots of exciting contrasts.
- Fantasia On A Christmas Spiritual - Based on "Mary Had A Baby," this arrangement is full of subtle textures and moods, building to a satisfying ending.
- Huron Carol Fantasy - Dramatic and haunting orchestral effects make this arrangement one of our all-time favorites.
- The Holly And The Ivy - Modern harmonies and striking countermelodies.
- Rhapsody On An Ancient Carol - One of the oldest carols, "Adeste Fideles" gets a powerful orchestral workout that is also a joy for recorders.
- A Russian Christmas - This acclaimed bonus song combines "Carol Of The Russian Children" with "Kaliada" for a spectacular showstopper.
Adding to your cart will take you to MusicK8.com for checkout.