Recorders Merry and Oldeby Paul Jennings
A Seasonal Collection For Young Players
We take pride in providing unique performance experiences for young players, making them sound very impressive with recordings that surround them with clever arrangements played by top professionals. This is especially true of our seasonal settings. In many cases, including those in this collection, we arranged the song with multiple recorder parts, usually 2 soprano parts, harder and easier, and an optional alto recorder part. These arrangements can be played successfully with any or all of the parts. And the variety of styles make these ideal to be performed in a program together. Recorders Merry and Olde includes:
- Echo Carol - This old carol is arranged for two soprano recorders and one optional alto recorder, but it can be played by just your beginning recorder students. The orchestral arrangement is full of dynamic contrasts. Notes used: Recorder 1: G, A, B, C; Recorder 2: G, G#, A, B, C, D, E; Alto: B, C, D, E.
- Variations On An Ancient Christmas Round - This great old round ("God Bless All") has been around for centuries with different names and in varying forms, but this basic melody has been a favorite. Our setting features a full-orchestra accompaniment on the recording and includes parts for two soprano recorders and an optional alto recorder. Notes used: Recorder 1: D, G, A, B, C, D'; Recorder 2: D, G, A, B, C, D'; Alto: G, B, C, D, G'.
- Simple Gifts - Full of contrasts, our arrangement of this American Shaker dance song features soprano recorder 1 (D,F#,G,A,B,C,D'), an optional easier soprano 2 (D,G,A,B), and an alto recorder part suitable for a young player (G,A,C,D,E,G').
- A Medieval Christmas - This is a fairly short medley of late medieval works comprised of the songs "Personent Hodie" and "Green Grow'th The Holly." It features three recorder parts. Soprano 1 calls for the notes C, D, E, G, A, B, C', D', and E', while soprano 2 can be played with just G, A, B, and C. The alto part is also written appropriately for a young player.
- On Christmas Night - Sometimes known as "Sussex Carol," this joyful old tune has a spectacular arrangement from Paul Jennings. It is for two soprano recorders and an optional alto recorder, set against a rich orchestration for full orchestra. Notes used: Recorder 1: F#, G, A, B, C, D, E; Recorder 2: G, A, B; Alto: B, C, D, E, G.
Adding to your cart will take you to MusicK8.com for checkout.